Encrypting Photos and Files
NOTE: This utility is no longer necessary with
version 2 of the CemEditor. It is still installed
with the software. It is recommended with version
2 or above to use the built in CemToCD utility
when publishing to create a CD or DVD
This CemEditor utility makes a copy and encrypts
the files so that only the CemViewer can open the
files for viewing. It does not alter your
existing photos or files.
Using the Utility
To start the utility click on the CemEditor
"Final Steps - Data Protection" Tab, then click
on "Encrypt Pictures"
The following screen should display:
- Select the File Filter *.jpg, *.gif, *.bmp,
etc... or *.*
- Select the Drive, and Folder your pictures
- Select some or all of your pictures.
- Enter the Password you want to use to
encrypt these files and write it
down. You will need it later.
- Click on "Bulk Encrypt" to encrypt all of the